This is a contributing opportunity and not a paid position.
ENTRTNMNT is a premier entertainment news channel made up of like-minded contributors of content (written, video and/or audio) in the categories of Music, Movies/Film, [Broadway] Theater, Television and Gaming.
ENTRTNMNT (formerly known as Concert Blogger Music Magazine) has been delivering original and industry prepared content to our global audience since 2012. Since that time, we have achieved many accomplishments. We have watched our website traffic and our social following grow; We were one of about 35 news outlets to cover the Billy Joel press conference where he announced his residency at Madison Square Garden; We were one of the media partners for the 2014 season of City Park Foundations Summerstage series throughout New York City, including Central Park Summerstage; Collectively, we have photographed some of the biggest names in music such as U2, Linkin Park, Duran Duran, Coheed and Cambria, Roger Daltrey, Jeff Beck, Primus and Buddy Guy, to name just a few; Collectively, we have covered some of the best music festivals such as Made In America in Philadelphia, Hard Rock Hell XII in North Wales, Way Out Festival in Gothenburg Sweden, Beale Street Music Festival in Memphis, The 80s Cruise, Aftershock Festival in Sacramento, Firefly Music Festival in Delaware and more; Collectively, we conducted amazing interviews with artists such as Greta Van Fleet, Jason Bonham, Judas Priest, The Strumbellas, Jonny Lang, Don Felder and many more.
We are looking for talented contributing journalists who are passionate about creating original content on the topic of #GAMING in the form of News and Previews, Interviews, Reviews (new releases, etc) delivered in written, video and/or audio formats.
The ideal journalist will possess knowledge of all necessary writing and reporting elements as well as a strong familiarity with editing styles and skills. Our contributors will be responsible for performing their own research and reporting objectively.
The selected individual should have familiarity working with website content management systems (CMS) such as Wordpress in order to submit their content contributions.
Perks include occasional opportunities to receive preview copies of upcoming release material for review purposes, in-person or phone interviews with high-profile individuals and/or the opportunity to be credentialed for various events.
Successful candidates must be able to articulate their reasoning for choosing an unpaid opportunity, and their ability to consistently devote unpaid hours.
- Create a minimum of 1-3 pieces of original content per week
- Report and write news stories quickly without error (requires excellent writing skills)
- Monitor social media for buzzy stories and leads for new stories
- Works well independently
- Intermediate to advanced level word processing skills
- Intermediate to advanced level writing and editing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to form productive working relationships
- Strong understanding of critical thinking, objective reporting, and elements of style
- Desire and commitment to learn and improve
- Close attention to detail
- Candidate must be able to deliver content in a timely manner
- REVIEW content published in 12 hours or less following program, event
- INTERVIEWS published in 12 hours or less
- NEWS published ASAP (sooner the better)
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early for in-person interviews or be prepared at least 15 minutes early for phoners (phone interviews)
- Always be on-time for any event where we were invited and or provided credentials
- Be respectful of rules when attending events and/or interacting with industry professionals on our behalf